Home Local newsHuw Edwards in talks for Channel 4 tell-all documentary

Huw Edwards in talks for Channel 4 tell-all documentary

by martyn jones

According to reports, the show would see the former newsreader try to “state his case” after being charged with sexual offences in 2024.

Edwards was a notable news presenter, having been the lead presenter of BBC News at Ten from 2003 to 2023.

However, in 2023, Edwards was accused of sexual misconduct, with reports saying he paid a teenager for sexual images.

Huw Edwards stepped down from his role at the BBC (Image: PA)

The disgraced newsreader later resigned from the BBC in April 2024, and in July of that year, he pleaded guilty to three counts of making indecent images of children by receiving them during online chats.

In September 2024, he was given a six-month jail sentence, suspended for two years, and placed on the sex offenders’ register.

Now, Edwards is set to step back into the spotlight and star in a new tell-all Channel 4 documentary, according to The Times.

Huw Edwards in talks for new all-tell Channel 4 documentary

The potential new documentary would follow Channel 5’s recent drama series, Power: The Downfall of Huw Edwards, which aired in March.

The series, starring Martin Clunes as Edward, was criticised by the ex-BBC star as being a “one-sided account”.

Channel 4 have been contacted for a comment. (Image: Aaron Chown/PA)

Following the show’s release, Edwards said, “Other opportunities will arise later this year for me to state my case and to challenge the misleading or fabricated claims made in recent coverage.

“Serious questions still remain to be answered, and not just by me.

“It will now take some time for me to produce my own account, and until then I do not intend to comment any further.”

Channel 5 later said that the programme was based on “extensive interviews with the victim and his family”

Edward has reportedly planned to make a documentary or a podcast to share his version of events, and it’s understood he has spoken to several media organisations about his plans.

Although plans of a potential documentary have not yet been confirmed, a source at The Sunday Times said that Edwards wants to discuss the issues raised in a psychiatric assessment before his sentencing.

If the show is to go ahead, it’s reported that it would be broadcast after September, when Edward’s two-year suspended sentence ends.

Where is Huw Edwards now?

Reports suggest Edwards is living a reclusive life in South Wales, staying at his mother’s bungalow following his conviction.

Edwards and his wife, Vicky Flind, lived in a home in Dulwich, London, which went up for sale after the scandal.

In July 2024, it was reported that Edwards and Flind had separated some time ago and that Edwards had been living elsewhere.


Recommended Reading


Flind reportedly filed for divorce after Edwards’ sentencing, with the home going on the market as part of the proceedings.

Edwards will remain on the sex offenders register for another five years, which is not a public list but a monitoring system.

He can travel and go abroad, but must provide the police with prior notice.

Newsquest has contacted Channel 4 for a comment.

Source link

You may also like

Leave a Comment

Would you like to Join us ?

Would you enjoy meeting like minded people, interested in improving things for the over 50’s ? If so please send us your details and you can become a member of the Vale 50+ Forum !!